When it comes to the life and soul of a vehicle, the Group 51r battery and the Group 35 battery have a select few key distinctions that enhance the value of a car and add to your driving experience.
The components utilized in the cars are more sophisticated and of premium quality than the cars themselves. Currently, there are about seven different sizes of batteries being utilized, so the choices are limited. Therefore, to be 100% sure, understand the average rating value, and check if the battery can function properly in moderate climates.
What Is Group 51R Battery?
Batteries with BCI group number 51R is a popular automotive battery as well as a dual-purpose battery fit for larger and even older vehicles that promises enhanced performance. The battery is used in various applications that require a stable and reliable power source.
The 51r battery offers the most notable vibration resistance; therefore, it is often selected by people who follow an adventurous lifestyle. The voltage of a 51R battery is 12V and is usually seen in Hondas, Nissan GTRs, and other Japanese vehicles.
What Is Group 35 Battery?
Group 35 batteries have a 20-hour capacity in the 42–65 Ah range. These medium-sized batteries offer 430–850 cranking amps (cca) with a reserve capacity of 90 to 130 minutes.
These batteries are often found in Japanese cars and trucks manufactured by Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Acura. This is a 12-volt battery with an above-average rating that can greatly add to the enhanced performance of the car.
Group 51R Battery vs Group 35 Battery For Cars
The Group 51r battery, as mentioned above, is usually found in Hondas, Nissan GTRs, and a select few other Japanese vehicles. It is a smaller, lighter version of the Group 35 battery for racing, as it has the same height and length but is narrower from front to back.”
Don’t Miss – How Long Does It Take To Charge A Car Battery 
Group 51R Battery Buying Guide 
|Group 51R Battery Buying Guide|
|2. Battery Size|
|3. Warranty & Service|
|5. Installation Charges|
Group 51R are automotive starting and dual-purpose batteries.
Group 51r battery size is 9.4 x 5.2 x 8.6 inches. Keep battery size in mind while purchasing the car battery. You must replace the car battery if it is not a perfect fit. Also, it can damage the battery tray, adding extra cost to your budget.
Warranty & Service
It comes with a free replacement for up to 2 years and a free warranty of 6 years. If you purchase it from Walmart or Costco, 51R battery may have a different warranty. Read the warranty manual carefully.
The car battery cost is very important as the prices may vary depending on where you have purchased it. 51R battery price ranges from $149.84 to $450.
$20 to $100. Although at Walmart, 51R battery is tested for free, and the installation of batteries is affordable.
5 Best Group 51R Battery For Car
Get to know the 5 best Group 51R battery for cars and the pros-cons of each battery.
|5 Best Group 51R Battery For Car|
|1. EverStart Maxx 51R Battery|
|2. OPTIMA D51R YellowTop AGM Battery|
|3. Powertex Batteries Group Size 51R|
|4. ACDelco Gold B24R Battery|
|5. 2020 Honda Civic Car Battery Lithium LiFePO4|
1. EverStart Maxx Battery 51R
A three-year free replacement warranty is included with the Group Size 51r EverStart Maxx Lead Acid Automotive Batteries. This hot-seller is made of polypropylene and has an 85-minute backup capacity. The EverStart Maxx Battery 51R is cold cranking amps (cca) of 500 and is maintenance-free.
With the terminal location on the top and the terminal type of SAE, the battery comes in a flooded lead-acid design. The price of the battery is $149.84, which does not include the Core battery charge. This EverStart Maxx Battery 51R fits multiple makes, models, and years. Walmart Auto Care Center allows battery testing and free-of-charge installation.
- PosThe battery can be installed conveniently because of the top posts connecting the positive and negative terminals.
- Very reliable if you travel long distances in states with moderate climates.
- The battery can be tested at a Walmart store as per reviews.
- The battery does not fit every vehicle.
- The battery weighs 27.9 lb, which makes it a cumbersome alternative if you have to install it yourself, as it is much heavier than other batteries.
Part Number: MAXX-51R
Battery Weight: 27.9 lb
Dimensions (L x W x H): 9.30 x 5.05 x 8.85 Inches
Warranty: 3-Year Free Replacement
2. OPTIMA D51R YellowTop AGM Battery
The OPTIMA YellowTop AGM Spiralcell Dual Purpose Battery 51R is the right selection for you if you are seeking a battery for modern, technologically advanced heavy vehicles. It has a quick recharge ability, a reserve capacity of 66 minutes for continuous performance, and is renowned for its deep cycle.
OPTIMA D51R has features like a spill-proof battery that can be installed in any position, with cold cranking amps of 450, and a three-year free replacement warranty adds to the value of the engine. The Optima D51R battery is manufactured by Johnson Controls Battery Group and measures 8.50 x 12 x 11.75 inches. The post type of the top battery 51R is SAE and has more than 15 times the vibration resistance. It is available at an affordable price of $289.99 but does not include the Core battery charge.
- The battery ought to be used when electronic loads are higher than average.
- The Optima D51R is specifically for racing vehicles without a charging system.
- It is fit for diesel-powered vehicles with aftermarket electronics and vehicles with inverters, winches, and so on.
- This battery is not a true deep cycle battery, like the Blue Top starting battery.
- This battery weighs 43.5 pounds which is again a heavy option.
- There have been reports that the battery failed after less than 2 years. The longevity score is 3.2 out of 5 stars, whereas the durability score is 3.4 out of 5 stars.
- Consequently, the value of money has also come down to 3.2 out of 5 stars.
Technology: Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM)
Product Weight: 27.95 oz or 1.74 lb
Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.50 x 12.00 x 11.75 Inches
Warranty: 36 months
Read More – How Long Can A Hybrid Car Run On Battery?
3. Powertex Batteries Group Size 51R
Thanks to the battery cell composed of lithium-ion, these Powertex Batteries can be installed in a passenger car, van, ATV, SUV, or even a truck. Powertex Group Size 51R battery is 10.6 pounds in weight, has 720 cold cranking amps, and is equipped with 36 amp hours. The battery is 9.4 x 5.1 x 8.7 inches in size. The Powertex battery comes with a standard built-in battery management system that guards against the most frequent causes of battery failure.
Compared to a lead-acid battery that doesn’t offer more than 500 cycles, the Powertex Batteries offers 2000 cycles, extending the lifespan to 10 years.
- This 51R lithium battery has a low self-discharge rate so that it can be installed in the car after 1 year of storage; therefore a good purchase for a value-minded customer.
- It is suitable for low temperatures or moderate climates.
- The 51R battery neither contains toxic heavy metals nor any corrosive liquids.
- The weight of the battery is a third of the weight of a lead-acid battery.
- This 51R car battery cannot be used in old vehicles which are not very technologically advanced. It can be used to replace the old battery in case its value deteriorates.
- It does not perform exceptionally well in areas that have high temperatures.
Battery Weight: 10.6 lb
Dimensions (L x W x H): 9.40 x 5.10 x 8.70 Inches
Warranty: 24 month warranty
4. ACDelco Gold B24R Battery
You can select ACDelco Gold B24R if you need a 12V lead acid battery for your truck. There is a 24-month warranty period included. It measures 18.5 x 11.4 x 9.5 inches in dimensions. AcDelco Gold B24R battery is charge-receptive and essential for stop-and-start vehicle applications.
The AGM line features cutting-edge technology for most high-end luxury vehicles, as well as fuel-saving technology and a regenerative braking system. The 51R battery is completely maintenance-free, safe from spills and leaks, offers the best corrosion resistance, and is pressurized internally for vibration resistance.
- Truck vibration is not a problem for the high-value because of the durable design of this 51R battery.
- Calcium alloy produces a fine-grain corrosion-resistant grid which maximizes cycle life and minimizes water consumption for battery durability.
- Under the easy-to-install category, the battery 51r scored 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- The 51R battery ought to be stored in an upright position at a temperature between 32℉ and 70℉ to prevent self-discharge.
- The Group 51R battery cannot be stored next to a heat source. The electrolyte will freeze if stored below 70℉.
- Therefore, battery 51r has to be stored in moderate climates.
Battery Weight: 31.5 lb
Dimensions (L x W x H): 18.5 x 11.4 x 9.5 inches
Warranty: 24 months
Recommended – How Many Amps Does A Car Battery Need To Start?
5. 2020 Honda Civic Car Battery Lithium LiFePO4
2020 Honda Civic Car Battery Lithium LiFePO4 is a replacement 51R lithium battery that has a discharge power of 0.8 volts higher than that of a lead-acid battery, which increases the combustion efficiency of the fuel in the engine cylinder. It has an integrated BMS (Battery Management System) that offers 2,000 cycles at 80% DOD (depth of discharge), giving it a lifespan of 5 to 10 years.
The battery has a CCA of 360 and cranking amps of 720. This 9.4 x 5.1 x 8.7-inch 51R battery has a capacity of 36 amp-hours. The battery uses UL-certified grade A cells. The charging voltage is 14.4 V–14.8 V, and the warranty lasts 2 years.
You can select the battery because it comes with a high energy density and a low discharge rate; the Group 51R battery for cars can be used after one year of storage at room temperature.
- The battery is lighter as compared to a lead acid battery because it weighs only 10.6 lbs.
- The battery does not have any corrosive liquids and is free of toxic heavy metals.
- A safe option because it has a cylindrical core and energy storage spot welding technology, therefore, it is helpful when it comes to handling as it can operate in all positions.
- The 51R battery has high energy density and a low discharge rate, therefore, it can be used after one year of storage at normal temperatures making it a high-value product.
- The battery 51r has a perfect score of 5 stars.
- The car battery cost is almost $100 more expensive than its counterparts.
Battery Weight: 10.6 lb
Dimensions (L x W x H): 9.40 x 5.10 x 8.70 Inches
Warranty: 2 years
To keep the engine running, select the right battery, which stabilizes the energy supply as it generates the zap of electricity needed to energize your automobile and electrical components to work. Make an informed decision by reading reviews, reviewing the average rating value of reviewers to select instead of buying any battery over the counter from a store, and understanding what reviewers recommend. Filter answers online, as the internet is flooded with options and reviews. So, for filter requirements, check the 5-stars rating before buying, as it is not an optional engine part but a link between the automotive battery and all the components of a car.
Editor’s Pick – 4 Best Super Start Battery For Cars In 2023 [Review]
Frequently Asked Questions
What does 51R battery mean?
The positive terminal is on the right, as indicated by the letter R in a 51R battery. This battery serves the purpose of starting automobiles and is also a dual-purpose battery. You can add this sort of item to a number of applications that call for a steady and dependable power source, such as general-purpose or auxiliary batteries.
What cars does a 51R battery fit?
Items such as the 51R battery are perfect for older vehicles. However, with the right parts, many other vehicle companies like Honda, Nissan GTR, and various other Japanese car companies can add this particular battery to the engines. For more information review reviews about battery items, you can write to the company about the product you purchased or replaced and visit their store, as various companies have offices in many states like California.
Can I put a different group size battery in my car?
No. Placing a battery that belongs to a different group size can lead to many serious issues, and it is not even possible in some cases because of the different sizes of batteries. An altered flow of electrical currents can cause power surges that can damage the onboard computers or other electrical parts in the vehicle. Select the right product, remember the part number, or you can write it down, and keep the receipt of the product in case you want to change it after the purchase and have to buy a new one. The store could ask you to bring in your old battery for core credit.
Originally posted 2023-08-06 15:43:21.