Compare Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred credit cards to find out which one offers the most reward points, which has lower fees, and which is the better option for you to choose in 2023.
Both Capital One Venture and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offer a number of advantages due to sign-up bonuses and very reasonable annual fees. While Capital One Venture is more simple to use, Chase Sapphire Preferred card helps you earn points that are worth 25% more if you use them while travelling via Chase. Moreover, you can also transfer points to the Chase Sapphire Preferred card from other Chase cards. Let us now see a detailed inspection of Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred cards.
Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred [Fees + Rewards]
As we compare Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred, let us take a look at the rewards and fees to check which is better – Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred:
|Chase Sapphire Preferred||Capital One Venture|
|Sign-up bonuses||For the first three months, 60,000 bonus points are awarded on purchases totaling $4,000. Chase Ultimate Rewards can be used to receive $750 toward vacation.||A one-time bonus of 75,000 miles, equivalent to $750 toward travel, on purchases totaling $4,000 within the first three months.|
|Reward points||● Chase Ultimate Rewards travel purchases earn 5 points for every $1 spent.|
● For every $1 spent on eating expenses, you receive 3 points.
● Spending $1 on certain streaming services can earn you 3 points.
● 3 points for each $1 spent on online grocery shopping (excluding Target, Walmart, etc).
● When paying for travel without using Chase Ultimate Rewards, you receive two points for every dollar spent.
● 1 point for each dollar spent on other purchases.
● Through March 2025, Lyft users will receive 5 points for every $1 spent.
When you book a flight using Chase Ultimate Rewards, each point is worth 1.25 cents.
|● 5 miles rewarded for every $1 spent on hotels as well as rental cars booked via Capital One Travel.
● 2 miles rewarded for every $1 used for every other purchase.
Read – 7 Best Business Credit Cards Balance Transfer in 2023
Why Choose Capital One Venture In 2023? Who Should Get One?
Comparing Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture and selecting one might get a bit tricky. Let us see why one should get the Capital One Venture Card, what are the pros and cons of Capital One Venture:
- Extremely easy to use.
- You can earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on any purchase.
- Not necessary to maintain records of how much was spent in which category.
- Redeeming for travel is very easy- like asking for a statement credit.
- Miles can be transferred to a lot of airline and hotel loyalty programs.
- Capital One miles can be transferred to other Capital One cards that also earn miles like Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, etc.
- Cash rewards can also be transferred to Capital one cards to earn miles.
- The annual fee is quite high.
- The rewards are not very flexible.
- Excellent credit is a must.
The annual fee is $95 only.
Reward points are given in miles. The detailed list is given in the table above.
The regular APR varies between 17.49% and 25.49%.
Credit Score Required for Capital One Venture Credit Card
For Capital One Venture, an excellent credit score (750-850) is needed.
Must Read – What Does ‘No Credit Score-Zero Credit Score’ Mean in 2023?
Why Choose Chase Sapphire Preferred In 2023? Who Should Get One?
In the next part of Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture, let us see why you should choose Chase Sapphire Preferred, and what its pros and cons are in 2023:
- Better opportunities to earn points.
- If you book travel through Chase, the value of the rewards becomes 1.25 cents for each unit. So, your rewards rate becomes 2.5% on travel and dining with 1.25% on every other purchase.
- Facility to transfer points to other chase cards getting the maximum of rewards.
- Insurance for trip cancellation and insurance worth $10,000 every person and $20,000 every trip is the policy that covers the reason behind it.
- Insurance for theft as well as primary collision of rental cars.
- Insurance for the delay in baggage is worth up to $100 a day.
- $500 payback per ticket for reserving meals and lodging if there is a delay of 12 hours or more.
- Emergency help while travelling.
- The annual fee is quite high.
- The credit score needed is excellent, which might be difficult at times.
- The rewards are complicated.
The annual fee is $95 only.
Reward points are given in points that are worth 1- 1.25 cents apiece. The detailed list is given in the table above.
The regular APR varies between 17.49% and 24.49%.
Credit Score Required For Chase Sapphire Preferred
In the case of Chase Sapphire Preferred, the credit score needed is from good (700 – 749) to excellent (750-850).
Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred: Which Is Best?
The debate between Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture is not easy because both of them have the same annual fee, around the same APR and both require good to excellent credit points. However, the rewards in Chase Sapphire Preferred are more varied which might be one of the reasons to choose it. It has a higher rate of redemption with a comprehensive list of partnerships with various airlines and hotels. It also gives you different kinds of travel protections. That is why it is recommended to compare Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred before opting and choosing the best one.
Recommended – What Is The Difference Between Credit and Debit Cards?
Making The Decision: Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred
So, in the Chase Sapphire vs Capital One Venture debate, the former gets a little more leverage because it has a more solid sign-up bonus, redemption, and travel protection facilities. But what matters most in your choice is the way you spend or how you place your redemption goals. For example, though Sapphire Preferred has more travel protections and rewards, Capital One Venture’s Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit could also be equally important.
However, Chase Sapphire has way more partners than Capital One Venture. As per experts, it is not necessary to place one over the other. They’re both some of the best credit cards available. The best idea is to use the One Venture card for regular purchases while the Sapphire Preferred for dining and travelling. Using both would also ensure access to more transfer partners. Moreover, for less than $200 of annual fees, with both cards, you can get $3000 worth of travel expenses from the sign-up bonuses.
Editor’s Pick – How Does Credit Repair Work? Top 5 Things You Must Know
How To Apply?
Visit their website and sign up for the Venture Card. To continue receiving the card details, provide your personal details such as name, date of birth, citizenship status, and Tax ID.
Visit their website to apply for Chase Sapphire. Both signing up and applying as a guest are options. Choose whether to utilise it for private, professional, or commercial use. To finish the enrollment procedure, enter the card information, and social security number, and create a username and password.
If still, you face any problems, let Mount Shine help you in getting your desired card. Our experts will guide you in getting the best credit card for you along with the comparison delivered to your inbox.