The Super Start Battery is one of the latest competitors to enter the race for the best car batteries in the American market. A Super Start Battery is highly efficient, durable, and has very high power. Manufactured by East Penn Manufacturing and Clarios for the O’Reilly retail stores, a Super Start Battery is available in more than 5900 store locations in the United States.
The brain of the automobile is its battery, for this device is responsible for giving power to the headlights of your vehicle, the sound system of your vehicle, running the internal lighting of your vehicle, and so on.
Best Super Start Battery For Cars [Watch]
Why Choose Super Start Battery In 2023?
If you are looking for a battery that has strong starting power, strong performance, and immense reliability, then the Super Start Battery is the best option for your vehicle. For starters, super start batteries have a longer service life, enhanced starting power and dependability, and superior shock resistance. Add to this, it is the best choice of battery for the latest luxury as well as recreational vehicles because individual parts of super start batteries are also available.
Various brands of super start batteries are available at your nearby O’Reilly Auto Parts store for your vehicle. Within its first few years, Super Start Batteries expanded its product range to include not only automotive and truck batteries but also other types of vehicles like motorcycles, deep-cycle, marine, and sealed lead acid batteries (SLA).
To add more to this, super start batteries have terminals made of stainless steel to ensure that there is corrosion resistance.
Which Battery Model To Choose?
Many variables are to be considered when selecting the right model of Super Start Battery for a vehicle. Therefore, it is vital to understand the essentials. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind while selecting the right battery model for your vehicle:
- This equipment should be bought depending on the make of the vehicle, and the climate of the place must be considered while purchasing a new battery for your car.
- Life Expectancy: The average life expectancy of a Super Start Battery is 3 to 6 years, therefore, never settle for anything less than that.
- Warranty: Every good car battery will come with a warranty. The longer the warranty period, the better the quality of the battery. Always check the battery code when your vehicle goes for its service. For instance, if a figure reads 24/84, it indicates a free-replacement period of 24 months and a prorated warranty of 84 months.
- Compare the old battery with the new one in terms of size, shape, and configuration. In the case of Super Start Battery, if you own an old vehicle, Super Start Premium is the correct choice. You can seek the help of a professional to check when your vehicle goes for a service.
- The battery must suit the purpose of your driving. For instance, for off-roading or other such adventures, Super Start Extreme is the correct purchase; if you own the latest luxury car or truck, Super Start Platinum is the best option available for your vehicle.
How Long Does Super Start Battery Last?
The super start batteries provide improved starting reliability, and extended vehicle service life for the best performance in the most recent vehicles. The super start batteries have a lifespan of 3 to 6 years. Get your Super Start Battery checked when you take your vehicle for an annual service in a repair shop so that a professional can review the condition of your vehicle.
When To Consider Changing Your Super Start Battery?
There are numerous indicators of a depleted battery. Owners of a Super Start Battery ought to think about replacing the battery in their vehicle according to their location’s climate. For instance, it is time to change the car battery if it performs poorly in cold weather.
The Super Start Battery of a vehicle should be changed depending on how often it is used and in what situations. When parts of the electronics in the car start malfunctioning, this is another sign that the Super Start Battery is degrading. Therefore, there are certain specific circumstances when an owner should consider changing batteries. Also, it is a must to gather information about these services from a professional and filter for the right parts or equipment from the right brands.
How To Check Super Start Battery Water?
To check the water levels, start by turning off the engine of your vehicle. Handle with care, and proceed by opening the vent cap of a Super Start Battery and the battery cap in the hood. You will find that there are 3 categories of electrolyte quantity levels: low, normal, and maximum.
- A “Low” quantity indicates that there is less solution, which exposes the lead plates. Hence indicating that you should add more water.
- “Normal” quantity stands for adequate fluids available. This means that you do not have to add more water, and the liquid should be 1 cm above the lead plates.
- The fluid or electrolyte levels are at their highest when it touches the bottom of the filler tubes. Beyond this point, you need not add more liquid.
- Take into account your safety while handling such equipment because batteries contain harmful chemicals, and the availability of fluids in the right quantity is a must. Add to this, the fluids have to be sealed properly to prevent anything from getting discharged into your vehicle.
Types Of Super Start Batteries
A Super Start Battery is available in several varieties. There are four types of automotive batteries: platinum, extreme, premium, and economy. Marine starting and RV Deep cycle batteries are listed under marine batteries. ATVs are recreational vehicles, and motorcycles are examples of PowerSports batteries.
Add to this, there are manufacturers of speciality batteries, products, and services that include lawn and garden batteries, motorcycle and fleet batteries, and heavy-duty batteries. The super start fleet and heavy-duty belong to the group size of 6, 8, and 12-volt.
Related – How Many Volts Is A Car Battery? 
Super Start Battery [Buying Guide]
There are various categories of Super Start Battery. Batteries cannot be inserted in any vehicle at any time. A battery has to suit the weather conditions of a place, be bought according to the usage of a car, and also be priced according to the luxury level of the vehicle. Make sure to get it examined when your car goes for its service. Here are more additional details regarding a Super Start Battery.
The size of the battery depends on your vehicle and driving needs. The following information can help you understand super start batteries better:
- Super Start Economy Battery is a 12-inch standard battery with a 12V capacity and a reserve capacity of 80-120 minutes. It has a 650 CCA and a reserve capacity of 80 minutes.
- Super Start Premium Battery has Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) ranging from 425 to 950 and their Cranking Amps are between 530 to 1000. They are 12V standard-type batteries with a Reserve Capacity of 70 to 120 minutes.
- Super Start Extreme Battery has a battery range from 500-900 CCA. The terminal type is the top post, and the reserve capacity ranges from 68 to 150 minutes.
- Super Start Premium Battery are AGM batteries. To add further, the category includes 15 types of batteries with group sizes ranging from 34 to 401 BCI and Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) between 180 and 860.
Warranty & Service
Always choose a Super Start Battery with the longest free-replacement period when making your choice, as every battery has a different group size, which results in a varied warranty period. The warranty of a battery can be evaluated in two different ways: during the free replacement period and the prorated term.
A Super Start Battery is usually designed to last for more than four years. For its normal batteries, the Super Start battery warranty offers a one-year and a three-year warranty for its premium-grade batteries. It can be replaced if it breaks within a year.
Related – Signs Of A Bad Car Battery 
Every Super Start Battery has a different price. The price of the Super Start Economy battery is $72; the price of the Super Start Platinum Battery is $295; and the price of a Super Start Premium battery is around $100.
The installation charges of a Super Start Battery usually range in price from $20 to $100. However, you must check the price with the dealership once because certain dealerships will provide services like changing the battery free of charge if it fails during the warranty period.
Typically, the specifications for a Super Start Battery kit includes clamps that require to be vinyl coated and have sturdy, comfortable handles that can be comfortably used in all weather conditions. The car battery kit also has cords required that are at least 30 feet long.
The Puncture Resistant Case of the 6 cells within this Start-Stop battery is wrapped in a puncture-resistant polyethene envelope so that even if the outer case is pierced, no leakage will occur.
4 Best Super Start Battery For Cars
Here are the 4 best Super Start car batteries in 2023.
|4 Best Super Start Battery For Cars
|1. Super Start Premium Battery
|2. Super Start Extreme Battery
|3. Super Start Platinum Battery
|4. Super Start Economy Battery
1. Super Start Premium Battery
The Super Start Premium Battery supports the electrical demands of the latest vehicles. They have reinforced posts and straps that are more durable and resistant to vibration damage. The optimized power path also results in more power and a more reliable starting time in the most challenging climatic conditions. It comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
- The quality of these products lies between standard and high grade.
- These batteries can be used in old cars as well as new cars, therefore, they give the best value for money.
- These batteries are required in commercial and private vehicles both.
- These batteries are reliable in a state with colder climates.
- The price of the battery is 40$ higher than a super start economy battery.
2. Super Start Extreme Battery
To give more power to the vehicle, these batteries are best suited for places with extreme weather and road conditions. They have the highest cca, a heavier grid, and a plate design to provide maximum starting power. To increase longevity, a specially made, robust frame grid prevents grid expansion and internal shorting.
To prevent vibration and damage to the battery, it features reinforced posts, straps, and welds. The battery is available in various group size categories and includes flush manifold vent covers to protect the battery and ensure peak performance. The battery is of high quality since the electrolyte reservoir prevents the plate from drying out, resulting in a longer service free life. The guarantee on this battery is 3 years.
- The estimated lifespan is 4 years.
- Best suitable engine for vehicles used for off-roading vehicles or harsh driving conditions.
- The price of the battery is lower than the average popular battery model in the country.
- The maintenance-free design aids convenience.
- The price of the battery is higher than premium and economy.
3. Super Start Platinum Battery
These batteries have the highest starting power, which results in improved performance. They provide deep-cycle service, have a high level of stress and vibration resistance, and to add to these features, the battery also charges more quickly than lead-acid batteries.
An improved power plate results in the prevention of life-robbing electrical shorts from contact with exposed wiring and a spill-safe AGM design that reduces leaks. It has twice the amount of cycle life to power electronic devices for a longer duration. Three years are included in the warranty.
- Specially made for high-performance vehicles.
- Specifically used for luxury vehicles.
- The estimated lifespan is 4 years.
- These batteries are efficient and durable.
- Not suitable for all kinds of vehicles as driving condition varies.
- This product is the most expensive one as compared to the rest of the super start batteries.
4. Super Start Economy Battery
The standard battery type has a strong separator, which results in fewer battery failures because of shorts. They offer stable starting power, provide a larger electrolyte reserve to help with durability, and use the best vent cover materials to lessen leakage and corrosion, all of which can add to safe battery performance. The warranty of this battery is valid for one year.
- They are the most affordable options for people who are on a budget.
- This product is 30% cheaper than the average price of batteries.
- Suitable for old vehicles only.
- Warranty can be an issue because it can be shorter.
When purchasing a car battery, always read about the specifications to make sure that it suits your needs. Add to this, for better results, learning how to change or replace it in case it breaks down when you hit the road. Through its 100% controlled entities and affiliates, Super Start Batteries is linked to a worldwide network of research and development and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques. If you require a new size of product to be manufactured, you should contact the Head Office and provide the required specifications. Our best super start battery for cars review will help you make smart decisions while buying one.
Compare – Best Duralast Battery For Cars
Frequently Asked Questions
What voltage is a super start platinum battery?
12 volts. There are 12 voltage batteries in the Super Start Platinum Battery, which has an average weight of 17.69 kilograms.
How many years of super start extreme battery warranty?
The warranty period length of this product by Super Start is 3 years
How many years of super start premium battery warranty?
The warranty period of the Super Start Premium Battery is 2 years.
Originally posted 2023-08-05 17:48:21.